Homeowner Care For a New Concrete Driveway
- Do not drive on a new driveway for at least 7 days after placement
- Do not allow drain water to undermine the slab and cause settlement cracking
- Never use de-icers containing ammonium sulfate or ammonium nitrate
- Use sand on icy surfaces
- Protect the concrete from exposure to liquid fertilizers systems used for lawn treatments
- Apply a quality concrete sealer. most building materials need protection from severe weather
conditions ( i.e., treated lumber, asphalt & concrete ) concrete driveways require a quality sealer
since ohio is a severe weather region, it is especially important that concrete driveways are
sealed. a quality sealer will allow the surface of the driveway to resist the penetration of water
or damaging road salts. the homeowner should apply a quality sealer 30 days after the driveway
is installed or prior to the first freeze. a.s.t.m. approved sealers are available at most building
material dealers and concrete producers
- Applying the sealer should be done after the driveway has been power washed and the surface
- Sealing the driveway can be done by sprayer or roller.
- Concrete sealing should be done : (1) 30 days after installation or prior to the first freeze (2) when
Surface is clean and dry (3) when temperature is above 40 degrees and rising
- MWG Concrete Services recommends that a penetrating sealer is used to seal your new concrete driveway
The value of your driveway far exceeds the cost of sealing, it is highly recommended that you make this small investment to help provide durability for the service life of your driveway.
For a free quote to seal your driveway please give MWG Concrete Services a call at 330-418-1472.